Why so much violence?
Religious and spiritual people might ask it this way:
Why does God allow so much violence, thefts, murders, war and mayhem?
Devout people of all religions (as well as non-religious people) often wonder about the answers to these questions. After all, according to Christian tradition, Christ was the Prince of Peace, yet there seems to be less and less peace every year. If the Prince of Peace came 2,000 years ago, why didn’t peace come to the world at that time? Furthermore, Christ has had over 2,000 years to bring peace, yet warfare seems more and more likely all the time, and war itself becomes more frightful every day.
Atheists simply point to current world conditions and say, “What better evidence do we need to confirm that there is no God?”
Some Christians say the Book of Revelation explains it all, but to most, this book is a mysterious and frightening enigma.
Now, a crystal clear answer to the burning question is available in the Aquarian Gospel. In Chapter 113, a disciple asked Jesus about His role as Prince of Peace:
“Pray, tell us Lord, is this the dawn of peace?
3) Have we come forth unto the time when men will war no more?
4) Are you, indeed, the Prince of Peace that holy men said would come?”
5) And Jesus said,
“Peace reigns today; it is the peace of death.
6) A stagnant pool abides in peace.
…corruption dwells in every drop. …The prince of peace must first be prince of strife.
11) This leaven of truth which I have brought to men will stir the demons up, and nations, cities, families will be at war within themselves.
12) The five that have been dwelling in a home of peace will be divided now, and two shall war with three;
13) The son will stand against his sire; the mother and the daughter will contend; yea, strife will reign in every home.
14) The self and greed and doubt will rage into a fever heat, and then, because of me, the earth will be baptized in human blood.
15) But right is king; and when the smoke is cleared away the nations will learn war no more; the Prince of Peace will come to reign.”
Jesus also explained that the time of strife (within every nation, city and family) would continue for over 2,000 years, until the return of Christ. He indicated that many generations must come and go before the Prince of Peace can come to reign, and that Christ’s return would be at the beginning of the new age.
The Age of Aquarius now dawns!
Jesus described the “last days.”
From chapter 157:
“…the time will come
when all the world will rise, like gladiators in a
ring, and fight just for the sake of shedding blood.
22) And men will reason not; they will not see, nor care to see a cause for carnage, desolation, thefts; for they will war with friend or foe.
23) The very air will seem surcharged with smoke of death; and pestilence will follow close upon the sword.
24) And signs that men have never seen will appear in heaven and earth; in sun, and moon, and stars.
25) The seas will roar, and sounds will come from heaven that men can never comprehend, and these will bring distress of nations with perplexity.
26) Hearts of the strongest men will faint in fear, in expectation of the coming of more frightful things upon the earth.
27) But while the conflicts rage on land and sea, the Prince of Peace will stand above the clouds of heaven and say again:
28) Peace, peace on earth; good will to men; and every man will throw away his sword, and nations will learn war no more.
29) And then the man who bears the pitcher will walk forth across an arc of heaven; the sign and signet of the son of man will stand forth in the eastern sky.
30) The wise will then lift up their heads and know that the redemption of the earth is near.”
The entire text of the Aquarian Gospel is available at this website: “Return Path to Eden.”
This article prepared by Michael F. O’Keeffe