John Paul II Trading Cards --- Artist Trading Cards: mini-scrapbook trading cards
Pope John Paul II
MINI-SCRAPBOOK --- JP II Trading Cards
Last updated: May 7, 2005
About Art/Artist Trading Card (ATC):
The idea is based on sports trading cards (e.g. baseball and hockey). In 1996, a Swiss performing
artist (M. Vanci Stirnemann) started "A Collaborative Cultural Performance" by creating 1000 artist trading cards and displaying them in his Zurich book store. On the last day of the event, he encouraged people who wanted a card to create their own to trade with his ATC. Thanks to the internet, ATC exchanges have become worldwide.
General Guidelines in making Trading Cards
- Dimensions: 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (some artists create 3-D so may include thickness).
- ATCs are not about the money. It is about the art of sharing and giving and to encourage creativity.
- Can be based on any theme. Unique ATCs are called "originals". Sets of identical ATCs are called "editions" and are numbered. ATCs that are based on one theme but are different are called a series.
- Any material can be used to construct an ATC (paper, wood, fabric, plastic, PCB, metal, beads,
- Any method is allowed: paint, collage, assemblage, sewn, glued, nailed, etc. --- natural or digital.
- Contents: images, words, scribbles, combinations, whatever can fit within the dimensions.
- ATC does not have to be a masterpiece. At least it should be inspired.
John Paul II Trading Cards (JPII-TC) --- Mini-Scrapbook trading cards
- Calling everyone, even those with no artistic inclination, to create a card to trade with any of mine shown below.
- Theme: Only mainly about Pope John Paul II, by himself or with his family, relatives and friends.
- This is mainly an online (electronic/digital) exchange.
- Advice: Think about Pope John Paul II and listen to your heart.
Then things will just flow --- expressions may be done using images or just plain words.
- For the back of the card: Give the title of your work, tell a brief story or mention any
thoughts, verse, or lines/words that came to mind while you were creating the TC.
- I created my collages digitally - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" at 72 dpi. To trade and to be displayed on this webpage, I am accepting only electronic form (image file: .jpg, .gif, etc.).
- If created using natural media, you can keep the original. I shall accept the scanned version sized to exactly 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (180 pixels x 252 pixels) at 72 dpi resolution, which should be decent for display on this page and also for print.
- For display on this webpage, I prefer getting only the link to your ATC image in order to save server disk space.
- In exchange, I shall send you the best and great quality 72 dpi resolution, uncancelled
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (180 pixels x 252 pixels) version of the JPII-TC of your choice that produces
clean and clear printouts (WYSIWYG).
- Email me if you are interested in a trade.
- If you have no inclination to create your own "one of a kind" JPII-TC or do not have anyone to make one for you to trade, but are interested in getting one of mine, let me know and I'll work out some means for the sake of spreading this JPII "mini-scrapbook memorial".
- Best of all, enjoy making and promulgating the faith-filled life, witness and examples of Pope John Paul II through this
MI Copyright © 2005-06. All Rights Reserved.
Click on image to see actual size front and back.
This John Paul II Trading Cards website has a link from:
Stock Photography Australia
by Mark Ingram, an Australian Photographer, with a stock library covering
many aspects of the Australian Landscape
back to the top
back to "In Memoriam --- Tribute to Pope John Paul II"
MI Copyright © 2005-06
All Rights Reserved.