Jacob Williams b. ca. 1682 married Elisabeth3 VANSWERINGEN1,17, the widow of
John EVANS.2 Elizabeth
Jacob's will was written 6 Dec. 1725 and proved 1 Jan. 17253 .
1. William3 WILLIAMS m.1. by 173320 Ann19,20 (TANT)19 MEDLEY;20 m.2.
Monica -?-;21 m.3. Frances18 (FORD)22,24 WIMSATT22,23,24;
d. between 21 Nov. 1775 and 12 Mar. 1776 St. Mary's Co., MD18
2. Benjamin3 WILLIAMS m. Ann5 -?-; d. about 1771 St. Mary's Co., MD5
By her first husband John EVANS, Elisabeth VANSWERINGEN had children:
1. Philip EVANS2,4 m. Patience;6 d. about 1743 St. Mary's Co., MD6
2. Anthony EVANS4 d. between 20 June and 3 Sep. 17449
3. Edward7,8 EVANS d. about 17137
4. Mary4 EVANS10 m.1. John CARMICHAEL9,10; m.2. John11 PEARCE4,11
Benjamin WILLIAMS and Ann -?- had children:
1. Elizabeth5 WILLIAMS b. say 1732; m. Joseph BENNETT5; d. 17715-178725
St. Mary's Co., MD
2. Henrietta5,12 WILLIAMS b. say 1742; m.1 William ROBERTS12 before 1762;13
m.2 James HENDLEY5,12 176613-176712
3. Jacob5 WILLIAMS
4. Benjamin5 WILLIAMS b. ca. 1751;16 m.1. Mary LEIGH;14 m.2. Monica COMBS
lic. 31 July 1815;15 d. 15 July 1824, bur. St. Ignatius, St. Mary's Co.,
MD age 7316
5. Ann5 WILLIAMS
1. Joseph Vanswearingen account, MD accounts 38:20-22.
Joseph was brother to Elisabeth, and had no children. One of the
representatives was "Benja Williams for his mothers part."
2. John Evans will, MD wills 11:71-72, [image 71 of 423]. Named son
Philip, 2 young sons (not named), young daughter (not named). Compare
3. Jacob Williams will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills P.C. No. 1:300-301.
4. Elizabeth Williams will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1:51-52.
Named children Philip Evans, Anthony Evans, Mary Pearce, Benjamin Williams,
5. Benjamin Williams will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1:628.
6. Philip Evans inventory, MD inventories 28, pp. 16-18.
7. Edward Evans account, MD inventories and accounts 35a, pp. 317-319.
8. Edward Evans inventory, MD inventories and accounts 34, pp. 120-121.
Approvers included Philip Evans and Anthony Evans, probably as next of kin.
9. Anthony Evans will, MD wills St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1, p. 155.
Bequests included "cousin" [niece] Elizabeth Carmitchell.
10. John Carmichael inventory, MD inventories 17, pp. 338-339.
Signing as next of kin were Philip Evans and Antony Evans.
Administratrix was [widow] Mary.
11. John Perce will, St. Mary's Co., MD T.A. No. 1, pp. 201-202.
Son Jonathan and daughter Mildred were to be placed under care of their
uncle Benjamin Williams. Note: based on #1 where a representative was
the wife (unnamed) of Robert Pearce, some researchers thought he was
the husband of Mary Evans. Robert's wife was Eleanor Vansweringen,
daughter of Zacharias, and niece to Joseph's estate being settled in #1.
12. William Roberts inventory, MD inventories 91, pp. 84-85.
13. William Roberts will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills TA1, pp. 499-500.
14. Joseph Leigh will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills J.J.No. 1, pp. 356-357.
15. St. Mary's Co., MD marriage record 1794-1864, unpaginated, chronological,
FHL microfilm 0,989,061.
16. Janet Tice, et. al., Burials from Tombstones, Grave Markers, and Church
Registers of St. Mary's County, Maryland (1634-1994), (Leonartown, MD:
St. Mary's Historical Society, c. 1996).
17. Teresa Ford inventory, MD inventories 58:310-311.
She was nee Vansweringen, sister to Elizabeth (Vansweringen) Evans
Williams. Signing as next of kin were William Williams and Benjamin
Williams, Elizabeth's sons.
18. William Williams will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills H.H. No. 1, pp. 1-2.
19. Charles Co., MD land records O2:409-410, FHL microfilm 0,013,754.
20. George Medley account, MD accounts 12, pp. 32-34.
21. Robert Ford will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1, pp. 314-316.
Some researchers have attributed the Monica Williams, wife of William
Williams in Ford's will as the same as his sister Monica Sherlly in the
1735 will of their father Robert Ford. It may be that Robert's sister
Monica is identical to the widow of Thomas Shercliffe who wrote his
will in 1738 and then she secondly married Henry Bryan who in his 1761
will named (among others) wife Monica, daughter-in-law Monica Shirecliff
and son-in-law Thomas Shircliff.
22. Monica Ford will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1:444-445.
Leaves sister Francis Wimsatt a Negro Rachel in 1751, and at her death
to Anastatia Greenwell and Monica Greenwell. Compare with #24.
23. Henry Wimsatt inventory, MD inventories 80, pp. 144-148.
1762 Frances Wimsatt his administratrix.
24. Monica Greenwell will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1, pp. 556-557.
Made a bequest of Negro Rachel "agreeable to my Aunt Monica Fords Will
after the Death of my Aunt Frances Williams." Compare with #22.
25. Joseph Bennett will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills J.J.No. 1, pp. 458-459.
Joseph Bennett will transcription.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 11 May 2016