Morris VEALE found in Westmoreland Co., VA by 1669. He died between
3 Oct. 1695 when he wrote his will and 29 July 1696 when it was probated
in Westmoreland Co., VA.1
Dorothy, who went with her children William and Eleanor to St. Mary's Co., MD,
and was living on 21 Feb. 1734 [1734/5] when she signed with her daughter
Elenor as next of kin to the inventory of Jacob VANDEVEAR.11 Dorothy
was deceased by when her daughter Eleanor wrote her will 17 Mar. 1738/9, and
bequeathed the "bed and Bolster which formerly Belonged to my Mother."10
Morris and Dorothy were married prior to 3 Feb. 1672/3 when at court it was
shown that "Dorothy Veale called Mrs. Elenor Quigly Irish whore and Irish bitch
and Irish witch and Irish hagg and Irish baud and if I had you heere I would
stampe you under my feete."12
Biographical information on Morris VEALE.
Morris VEALE and wife Dorothy had children:
1. Amy1 VEALE m. Humphrey POPE3 by 17042
2. Eleanor1 VEALE b. say 1678; m.1. between 23 Feb. 1697 4
and 26 June 17005 William SMOOT;6 m.2. between 26 Jan. 1708/97
and 28 Aug. 17128 William TRIGG; m.3. after 1719 John AUSTIN;9 d.
ca. 1746 St. Mary's Co., MD10
3. Morris1 VEALE m. before 1713 Sarah;13 d. between 9 Apr. and 25 June 1750
Prince William Co., VA14
4. John1 VEALE m. Deliverance;15 TAYLOR;22 d. between
21 Nov. 171816 and 25 Feb. 1718 3 Westmoreland Co., VA
5. William1 VEALE m.1. by 171817 Sarah (TUCKER)21 NETHERTON;17 m.2. after 173019
Margaret;18 d. between 4 and 30 Jan. 1737 St. Mary's Co., MD;18 his widow
Margaret m.2. Richard KING20
6. Mary1 VEALE
1. Morris Veale will, Westmoreland Co., VA deeds and wills 2:62a-63a,
FHL microfilm 0,034,268,
2. Westmoreland Co., VA deeds 3:241-242, FHL microfilm 0,034,269.
3. John Veel will, Westmoreland Co., VA deeds and wills 6:449-451, FHL
4. Westmoreland Co., VA 1690-1698 order book: 258, FHL microfilm 0,034,291.
5. Westmoreland Co., VA 1698-1705 order book: 85a, FHL microfilm 0,034,292.
6. William Smoot will, Westmoreland Co., VA deeds and wills 4:20-21, FHL
7. Westmoreland Co., VA 1705-1721 Order Book: 107, FHL microfilm 0,034,293.
8. Westmoreland Co., VA 1705-1721 Order Book: 196a, FHL microfilm 0,034,293.
9. John Austin will, St. Mary's Co., MD Will Book TA1, pp. 6-7.
10. Elenor Aston will transcription, MD wills 24:385-387, FHL microfilm 0,012,850.
Eleanor Asten will, St. Mary's Co., MD Will Book TA1, pp. 211-212.
11. Jacob Vandeaver inventory, MD inventories 20:295, FHL microfilm 0,012,868.
12. Westmoreland Co., VA 1665-1677 Deeds, Patents, Wills, etc.: 146a,
FHL microfilm 0,034,260.
13. George Erwin will, Richmond Co, VA 1709-1717 wills and inventories:
158-159, FHL microfilm 0,033,676.
14. Peggy Shomo Joyner, Abstracts of Virginia's Northern Neck Warrants
& Surveys, (Portsmouth, VA: by author, 1987), IV:158-159.
15. Westmoreland Co., VA 1705-1721 order book: 361a, FHL microfilm 0,034,293.
16. Prince William Co., VA deeds B:252-253, FHL microfilm 0,033,105.
17. Westmoreland Co., VA 1705-1721 order book: 334a, FHL microfilm 0,034,293.
18. William Veale will, St. Mary's Co., MD Will Book TA1, pp. 68-69.
19. Westmoreland Co., VA deeds 8-1:436-437, FHL microfilm 0,034,270.
20. William Veale inventory, MD inventories 23:197-199, FHL microfilm
21. Westmoreland Co., VA deeds and wills 4:181-183, FHL microfilm 0,034,269.
22. That Deliverance was a Taylor is shown by:
a) Westmoreland Co., VA deeds and wills 8 part 2:298a-299a, FHL microfilm 0,034,271.
On 7 Dec. 1736 A deed from Susannah Appleyard to Henry Lee stated it was
63 3/4 acres within 200 acres sold by William Chandler and wife Deliverance on
26 Aug. 1723 to Henry Lee, which said Deliverance hath since intermarried Owen
Brinnon. The tract was formerly sold by Richard Wright and wife Ann to Nicholas
Spencer, Esqr., who by his will dated 25 Apr. 1688 gave it to his son Nicholas
Spencer who died without heirs so it descended to John Spencer his heir at law, who
sold it to Joseph Taylor, Planter and who by his will dated 16 Oct. 1721 gave
one third to the said Susannah Appleyard and on privso that her father and mother
did not take it away til she was age 16, and the other 2/3 to Deliverance Taylor and
now the wife of Owen Brinnon. Note: There is an inventory for Joseph Taylor in
1721 in Westmoreland County, but the will was not listed. Note that these are
transcribed "deed and will" books done in 1801, the originals not surviving. Note
also that in 1721 she should have been called Deliverance Veale (or Chandler), not
b) Westmoreland Co., VA Court Orders 1721-1731, p. 35a, FHL microfilm 0,034,294.
27 Feb. 1723  The sheriff was to summon William Chandler and Deliverance
his wife, Executrix of John Veal, deceased to answer the petition of Jacob
Vandiver & Susanna his wife, one of the orphans of the Said Veal to the next Court.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 14 Mar. 2014