Henric b. say 1550 Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Aelbert Henricxz [Henric's son] van SWERINGEN b. say 1580
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands; m. Maritgen Clausdr [Claus's daughter];
d. 1638 (probably) Esselijkerwoude, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands1
Aelbert Henricxz van SWERINGEN and Maritgen Clausdr had children:1
2. Claes Aelbertz van SWERINGEN; m. Maritgen Cornelisdr van Swieten;
4. Henrick Aelbertz van SWERINGEN b. ca. 1610; m.1. Duifje Jacosdr
[Jacob's daughter] Van Peltenberg [announced] 12 Nov 1631; she d.
1632; m.2. -?- -?-; he died ca. 1677/8? (probably) Woubrugge,
5. Jan Aalbertsz van SWERINGEN
Henrick Aebertz van SWERINGEN and his second wife -?- -?- had children:1
1. Gerrit van SWERINGEN b. ca. 1636;4,5 m.1. Barbare DeBARRETTE;3 m.2.
Mary11,12 SMITH 1676;12 d. betweeen 25 Oct. 1698 and 4 Feb. 1698 [1698/9] St. Mary's Co., MD10
2. Aelbert van SWERINGEN b. ca. 1640; m.1. Helena (van) de (r) GRAEFF;
m.2. Catherine Pieters Molensteen; m.3. Dieuwera Hidding Bombas;
bur. Haarlem (Great Church), Netherlands 24 Mar. 1719;1
3. Duyfje Hendricksdr van SWERINGEN; m.1. Hendric VERMIJ; m.2. Dirck
Salomonsz van Rijsevoort, widower of Machtelt Hendricks 11 Feb. 1680;1
4. Martha Hendrixdr van Swerington d. after 1680;1
Garrit van Schwerigen, Schout (sherrif) with his wife, man-servant, and maid
arrived at New Amstel on 29 March 1662, so his children were born after that time.2
Garrett VANSWEARINGEN and Barbara DeBARRATTE had children:
1. Elizabeth VANSWEARINGEN3 b. ca. 1662 New Amstel [now New Castle], DE;3
m. 1. John EVANS;8 m. 2. Jacob WILLIAMS;6,7 d. 23 Sep. to 6 Dec. 1636
St. Mary's Co., MD9
2. Zachariah VANSWEARINGEN3 b. ca. 1664 New Amstel [now New Castle], DE;3; m. Martha14
d. from 13 Mar. 1711 and 11 Apr. 1712 St. Mary's Co., MD14
3. Thomas SWEARINGEN15 m. Jane;16 died from 29 July 1708 and 19 March 1710 [1710/1]
Prince George's Co., MD16
4. Garrett VANSWEARINGEN6 never married; died ca. 1752 St. Mary's Co., MD17
5. Maria/Mary VANSWEARINGEN m. Martin18 KIRK6; d. from 10 Dec. 1734 to 21 Jan. 1734 [1734/5]
St. Mary's Co., MD19
Garrett VANSWEARINGEN and Mary SMITH had children:
6. Joseph VANSWEARINGEN10,13,25 m. Mary NEALE;20 d. 1721 St. Mary's Co., MD21
7. Charles VANSWEARINGEN10 d. from 5 June 1712;22 to 17 October 1727;25
8. Sarah VANSWEARINGEN6,25 m. Gerrard23,25 Slye6,25; d. before 29 Nov. 1718
St. Mary's Co., MD24
9. Anne VANSWEARINGEN13,25 m. William BLADEN13,25; d. after 17 October 1727;25
10. Eleanor VANSWEARINGEN;13,25 m. Charles28 CARROLL13, Junr.28; m. John26 MANNING25;
d. 1727 Calvert Co., MD27
11. Teresia VANSWEARINGEN13,25 m.1. John Parks;25 m.2. Robert Ford29
d. 31 Dec. 1753 to 5 Feb. 1754 St. Mary's Co., MD29
12. Dorothy VANSWEARINGEN13,25 never married; d. 1728 Annapolis, Anne Arundel Co., MD30
1. Fons van Wieringen research.
2. 1661 Purmerland - Immigrants to New Netherland.
3. Archives of Maryland 2, p. 205.
4. Archives of Maryland 5, pp. 411-417.
On 12 May 1684 Garret gave an account of his knowledge of the Dutch and Swedes
in settling the Delaware Bay and River. On page 417 he stated he was age 48.
5. Archives of Maryland 8, pp. 511-512.
1 April 1693 deposition he was age 57.
6. Joseph Vanswearingen account, MD accounts 38:20-22.
Joseph died with no chilren, and his heirs were his siblings or their children.
"Chas. Craycroft per order of Henry Welch, being one of the Representativs"
"Benja Williams for his mothers part." [His mother was Elizabeth]
"Gerd Vanswearingen Brother to the Deced." [Gerard/Garrett]
"Joseph Kirk for his mothers part" [His mother was Mary]
"Robt Pearce for his Wifes Part" [He married Eleanor Vanswearingen, daughter of Zachariah]
"Robt Ford for Mary Neals and Susnh Craycroft Daughter Daughter of Mrs. Sarah Sly" [Sarah Vanswearingen]
"Mark Rodes for his mother's part"
"Thomas Vanswearingin for his Brother and sisters Parts"
7. Teresa Ford inventory, MD inventories 58:310-311.
She was nee Vansweringen, sister to Elizabeth (Vansweringen) Evans
Williams. Signing as next of kin were William Williams and Benjamin
Williams, Elizabeth's sons.
8. John Evans will, MD wills 11, pp. 71-72, [image 71 of 423]. Named son
Philip, 2 young sons (not named), young daughter (not named). Compare
9. Elizabeth Williams will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1, pp. 51-52.
Named children Philip Evans, Anthony Evans, Mary Pearce, Benjamin Williams,
10. Gerrit Vansweringen will, St. Mary's Co., MD Wills PC1, pp. 111-113.
11. Gerrit Vansweringen Testamentary Bond, Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 17, p. 275.
12. Maryland Patents 19, pp. 381-382, FHL Microfilm 13071, Item 2.
13. Mary Vansweringen will, St. Mary's Co., MD Wills PC1, p. 190.
14. Zachariah Vansweringen will, St. Mary's Co., MD Wills PC1, pp. 183-184.
15. There is no evidence to directly connect Thomas Swearingen to being a son of
Garrett Van Swearingen. Most researchers have historically added him. To
date, there are no known y-DNA tests to compare results from descendants of
Thomas and from another son of Garrett to know if they share a common ancestor.
16. Thomas Swearingen will, Prince George's Co., MD Wills 1, p. 34.
17. Garrot Vanswearinggen inventory, Maryland Inventories 51, pp. 71-73.
18. Martyn Kirke inventory, Maryland Inventories & Accounts 32B, pp. 117-118.
Maria Kirke administrator.
19. Mary Kirk will, St. Mary's Co., MD Wills TA1, pp. 45-46.
20. Charles Neale will, Charles Co., MD wills 3, pp. 217-220
21. Joseph Vansweringen inventory, Maryland Inventories 5, pp. 105-109.
22. Edward Edloe account, Maryland Inventories & Accounts 33a, p. 224.
23. Gerard Slye petition, Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 24, p. 298.
24. John Gardiner account, Maryland Accounts 1, pp. 311-312.
Mary Sly, wife of Gerard Sly, was executrix of the will of John Gardener, so Gerard's
first wife Sarah Vanswearingen had died before then.
25. Maryland Provincial Court Judgments R.B. No. 1, Vol. 22, pp. 186-188.
17 October 1727 William Deacon vs. Ann Bladen, Gerrard Slye, John Park & ux.
Sherrifs of St. Mary's Co. and Ann Arundel Co. should summon Ann Bladen late of
St. Mary's County, widow, Gerard Slye late of said County, Gentl., John Parke late
of said County, Gentl. & Teresia his wife to appear at the Provincial Court
to be held at Annapolis the third Tuesday of October. The said William by virtue
of a Bargain of Sale made to him by Dorothy Vansweringen Spinster Sister & one of
the heirs of Joseph Vansweringen, deceased, of the said Dorothy in the tract
called the Chancellors Point in St. Mary's County [description] 224 acres and
the said William by virtue of another bargain of sale by Elinor Manning widow
late deceased & another Sister & heir of the said Joseph Vansweringen, and
the said Ann Bladen another Sister & heir of the said Joseph Vansweringen & the
said Gerard Slye in right of his late wife Sarah, deceased, another Sister &
heir of the said Joseph Vansweringen & John Park in right of his said wife
Teresia another another Sister & heir of the said Joseph Vansweringen. The
said William Deacon, Anne Bladen, Gerard Slye, John Parke & Teresia together
hold the tract called Chancellours Point, the said William Deacon to have
two parts, and Ann Bladen, John & Teresia, and Gerard Slye to each have one
fifth part ot the said tract
26. John Manning inventory, Maryland inventories 10, pp. 76-78.
27. Eliner Maning inventory, Maryland inventories 13, p. 421-422.
28. Ellinor Carroll administration renunciation, Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 22, p. 73.
29. Teresia Ford will, St. Mary's Co., MD wills T.A. No. 1, pp. 318-320.
30. Dorothy Vansweringen inventory, Maryland inventories 13, pp. 435-436.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 10 May 2016