Samuel SHORT was probably born about 1670 to 1680. He was married by
10 Sep. 1705 in Essex Co., VA to Sarah (CATLETT) TALIAFFERO SALLIS, the
widow of Samuel SALLIS.24
Samuel SHORT and Sarah CATLETT had one child:
1. Samuel SHORT65 b. ca. 1706; m. Ann87 PRICE;88 d. 1764 Frederick Co., VA89
Samuel had secondly married by 1719 to Sarah -?-, the widow of John
ARMSTRONG of Richmond Co., VA.90 She was deceased by 1724 when Samuel
SHORT had as his third marriage, Frances -?-.91 Samuel had two known
1. Moses SHORT b. say 1725; m. Margaret NICKS; d. 1809 Rockingham Co., NC.
2. Aaron SHORT b. say 1730; m. Sarah -?-; d. before 1779 Guilford Co., NC
For more details on these first genertions, see:
Reconstructing a Short Family of Virginia Through DNA.
Moses SHORT on 24 Jan. 1745/6 received a bounty on a wolf's head in Albemarle
County, VA.81 Moses also received a payment in 1751 of 11 hogshead of tobacco
from the estate of Robert WALTON of Cumberland Co., VA.82 Robert WALTON had owned
land in Albemarle Co. that was adjacent to a 1746 survey of 394 acres for Samuel SHORT.83
A close neighbor of that Samuel SHORT was Noble LADD, whose daughter Judith/Judah
later married Moses SHORT's son Samuel in Guilford Co., NC in 1776.
Moses SHORT was in Rowan Co., by 21 June 1751 when he was a chain carrier for his
father-in-law, John NICKS.1 Moses SHORT married Margaret NICKS.2 He wrote
his will in Rockingham Co., NC on 17 Sep. 1809.3 It was produced in court
on 27 Nov. 1809 where it was caveated,4 and later declared invalid.5 Moses
SHORT and Margaret NICKS had children:
1. Samuel6 SHORT b. say 1752;11 m.bond Judah LADD 12 Feb. 1776;7 d. between
22 Sep.8 and 24 Nov. 17949 Rockingham Co., NC
2. Lydia3,6 SHORT b. say 1754;11 m.bond Thomas LOMAX3,6 25 Jan. 1772;7 d. between
19 Mar. and 31 Aug. 1836 Guilford Co., NC10
3. Anna6 "Nancy"3 SHORT m. Jacob WHITWORTH6
4. Margaret6 SHORT b. 4 June 1763;12 m. Moses SHORT3 (son of Aaron SHORT);
d. 1 Nov. 1833 Graves Co., KY12
5. Sarah3,6 SHORT m.bond Terrence LOMAX3,6,23 22 Sep. 1790;23 d. ca. 181113-181414
Aaron SHORT born before 1743;15 died before 12 Nov. 1778 Guilford Co.,
Sarah17; she secondly married by 1779 Thomas GREEN22,64,77 and was living
1802 Mercer Co., KY22
Thomas GREEN wrote his will in Mercer Co., KY on 4 Nov. 1801 and left his wife
Sarah half the land he lived on with liberty of half the dwelling House, one
Negro woman named Jinny and half of the house and kitchen furniture during her
natural life. To his son James GREEN the other half of the land, property and
furniture and Negro boy Peter, and the land and Negro Jinny at the decease of
his his wife. To sons William GREEN, Thomas GREEN, John GREEN and daughters
Rachal BAM?/BEAN?, Mary McFARTRIDGE, Leauranah McFARTRIDGE one dollar each.
To his wife Sarah he left one half of the money of 39 pounds, 3 shillings
due him by paying 5 pounds to William CURRY which was due for his land, and
the other half to son James GREEN. Executors were his wife Sarah and son
James GREEN. Witnesses were Henry SANDEFUR, Thomas JONES, Ann (x) JONES and
Garret DARLAND. It was proved at the Jan. 1807 court by Henry SANDIFER and
Biographical information on Aaron SHORT.
Aaron SHORT and wife Sarah had children:
1. William Oldham17 SHORT b. ca. 1762 Guilford Co., NC; m.1 -?- -?-,
m.2 Jean19 (McCUISTON)20 NELSON20 after 1801 when in the estate of her
first husband Alexander NELSON she was still called Jean NELSON;21
d. between 1 Mar. and 31 May 1815 Rockingham Co., NC19
2. Moses17 SHORT b. 13 Aug. 176412 Guilford Co., NC; m. Margaret SHORT3 (daughter
of Moses)3,6; d. 6 Jan. 1834 Graves Co., KY12
3. Aaron17 SHORT b. ca. 176725 Guilford Co., NC; m.1. (Ann)? FORBIS;92
m.2. 12 Dec. 1826 TN,25 Jane25 (BUSBY)85 SHORT85 divorced 182925
Note that at one time it was thought that this was the Aaron SHORT who had
a marriage bond with Jane WORK on 16 Dec. 1799 in Guilford Co., NC. That
Aaron was actually the son of William O. SHORT.
4. Jonathan Bird18,57 SHORT b. 177226 Guilford Co., NC; m.bond Elizabeth LOMAX
21 June 1794;7 d. 22 Apr. 1847 Guilford Co., NC, bur. (former) Cumberland
Presbyterian Church Cemetery27
5. Samuel18,57 SHORT b. 177426 Guilford Co., NC; m.bond Lydia31 FIELD 15 Feb.
1796;7 d. 26 Jan. 1842, bur. Cove Cem., Franklin Co., MO28
Samuel SHORT sold his land in NC in 1802,22 and by 180529 was living in Mercer
Co., KY where his mother Sarah had previously moved. He owned land in
neighboring Washington County, but probably never lived there. About
1809 he moved to Hopkins Co., KY. In 1818 he sold his land there,30 and
was living in Franklin Co., MO by 1819.
Samuel SHORT and Lydia FIELD had children:
1. Eli31 SHORT b. say 179734 Guilford Co., NC; m. Ann "Nancy" BAY;32,54 d.
between 30 Aug.69 and 27 Sep. 1826 Franklin Co., MO33
2. Aaron31 SHORT b. ca. 179935 Guilford Co., NC35; m.1. Mariah WALL 4 Oct.
1823;37 m.2. Harriet KING 17 Oct. 1839;37 d. 1854 Franklin Co., MO36
3. Joseph31 SHORT b. ca. 1801;38 m. Jensey37/Ireney38 BOYD37 4 Feb. 1827;37
d. 22 Sep. 185239 Collin Co., TX40
4. Thankful31 SHORT b. ca. 1802 KY;41 m. John LEWIS;31 living 1880 Dent Co., MO93
5. Patience31 SHORT b. ca. 1805 KY;35 m. Thomas YOUNG;31 living 186042
6. Samuel31 Woodson35 SHORT b. ca. 1808 KY;35 m. Jemima DOLLARHIDE
29 Mar. 1838;37 living 186042
7. Jesse31 L. SHORT b. 4 May 181143 Hopkins Co., KY; m. Rebecca A. LEWIS
31 Mar. 1839;37 d. 2 Aug. 1893, bur. Old Grounds Cem., Blue Ridge,
Collin Co., TX43
8. Polly31 SHORT b. 28 Dec. 181244 Hopkins Co., KY; m. John F. JOHNS;31
d. 22 Mar. 1846,44,75 bur. Cove Cem., Franklin Co., MO
9. Fain Queny31 SHORT b. ca. 181745 Hopkins Co., KY; m.1. Daniel
PENROD 16 Aug. 1836;37 m.2. Thomas STANDIFER31,37 28 Nov. 1839;37 m.3.
Josesph STATON;46 living 185045
Eli SHORT and Ann "Nancy" BAY had children:
1. Mary33 SHORT b. say 1822; d. before 184231
2. Amos?33 or Aaron?33 SHORT b. say 1824; d. before 184231
3. Squire31,33 Woodford33 SHORT b. ca. 1826 Franklin Co., MO; m.1. Jane
LEWIS 29 January 1846;37 m.2. Levisey EMMONS 20 Mar. 1853;37 died
between Jan. 185947 and 19 Dec. 186048 in [probably Tarrant Co.],78 TX
Ann49 "Nancy" BAY secondly married 15 Mar. 1827 Daniel PRATHER37
and had children:
1. William49,67 Bay80 PRATHER b. 1580/2967 Sep. 1829 Franklin Co., MO;67 m. Mary FARROW
18 Apr. 1852;50 d. 9 Jan. 1915, bur. Park Hills IOOF Cem.,
St. Francois Co., MO67,80
2. Elizabeth56 PRATHER b. ca. 1832 MO;56 m. Zachariah72 T. HALE49; died 187073-188049
3. Mary49 "Polly" PRATHER b. ca. 1838;56 m. Marion Francis THURMOND49 12 Apr. 1863;37
died between 188049 and 190058
4. Hester49 P. PRATHER b. 1674 Mar. 184059; m. John Gano HULSEY49 26 Nov. 1865;37
d. 31 July 190374 (Washington Co.?), MO
5. Joseph49 PRATHER b. 9 Apr. 184251 Washington Co., MO; m. Susan Elizabeth
HULSEY 18 Jan. 1863;53 d. 17 Jan. 190251 (Crawford Co., MO?)52; bur. New Hope
Cem., Washington Co., MO51
6. James49 Madison67 PRATHER b. Aug. 184359 or 184494 Washington Co., MO;
m. Laura59,94 E. HOFF67/HUFF79/ ca. 1869;59 d. 3 Sep.67 1916, Sullivan,
Franklin Co., MO; bur. IOOF Cem., Sullivan, Franklin Co., MO67,94
7. Thomas49 J. PRATHER b. 11 Feb. 184667 or 184770
Washington Co., MO; m.1. Cynthia Ann (ROWLAND) CONNER 14 Aug. 1868;37
m.2. Mary Ann (WIDEMAN)55 ROMINE 3 Apr. 1891;37 d. 29 Oct. 1914 Franklin Co.,
MO;67 buried Buffalo Cem., Meramec Twp., Franklin Co., MO70
8. Augustus73 PRATHER b. ca. 185073 Washington Co., MO; died 187073-188049
Squire Woodford SHORT and first wife Jane LEWIS had children:
1. Daniel35 Perey39 SHORT b. ca. 184635 Franklin Co., MO; d. 22 May 185539 TX
2. James Perry48 SHORT b. 25 Jan. 184867,71 Franklin Co., MO; m. Amanda E.
CREWS 10 Nov. 1872;37 d. 18 Jan. 1920, bur. Oak Grove Cem.,
Prairie Twp., Franklin Co., MO67,71
3. Rebecca Ann48 SHORT b. 3 June 184961,76 Franklin Co., MO; m. Silas Nathaniel
Green HERRINGTON 26 Dec. 1869;55,61 d. 9 July 191461,80 bur. Union Cemetery,
Piney Twp., Texas Co., MO76
4. Abigail Jane48 SHORT b. ca. 185262 Franklin Co., MO; m. William P. NAPPIER
13 May 1877;37 living 188062
5. Mary Elizabeth48 SHORT b. 2 Oct. 185260 Franklin Co., MO; m. Stephen A. TAYLOR;
d. 11 July 1933; bur. Little Creek Cemetery, Hartville, Wright Co., MO60
Squire Woodford SHORT and second wife Levisey EMMONS had children:
1. Amanda Frances SHORT b. 1 Mar. 1853;67 Dallas Co., TX63; m.1 Benjamin ARNOLD
6 July 1871;37 m.2 William A. SHOULTS 19 Sep. 1893;63 m.3 Ambrose F. PHARES;67
d. 30 Sep. 1937 Washington Co., MO67
2. Julius Eli SHORT b. 14 Nov. 1856 Johnson Co., TX;67 m.1. Jane Clementine
OLIVER62 25 Aug. 1878;66 m.2. Alice HULSEY 13 Aug. 1899;66 d. 14 Oct. 1947
Franklin Co., MO;67 bur. Oak Grove Cem., Prairie Twp., Franklin Co., MO67,71
3. Delila SHORT b. 12 Nov. 185967 TX; m. James S. REEL 7 May 1874;50 d.
27 June 1914 St. Louis City, MO;67 bur. St. John's Cem., Nameoki,
Madison Co., IL67,68
1. Margaret M. Hofmann, The Granville District of North Carolina 1748-1763,
(Ahoskie, NC: Atlantic Printing, 1989), 94.
2. Rowan Co., NC deeds 5:395-396, FHL microfilm 0,313,545.
3. Moses Short will, Rockingham Co., NC wills A:87-88, FHL microfilm
4. Rockingham Co., NC Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Minutes, 1808-1813
book:65-66, FHL microfilm 0,518,243.
5. 1808-1813 Rockingham Minutes: 118.
6. Moses Short estate, Rockingham Co., NC estate papers, NC State Archives,
FHL microfilm 2,110,445.
7. Guilford Co., NC marriage bonds.
Short-Ladd, FHL microfilm 0,536,827.
Lomax, Thomas.-Short, Liddy, FHL microfilm 0,536,826.
Short-Work, FLH microfilm 0,536,827
Short-Lomax, FHL microfilm 0,536,827.
Short-Field, FHL microfilm 0,536,827.
8. Rockingham Co., NC deeds D:224, FHL microfilm 0,019,706.
9. 1790-1795 Rockingham Minutes:341 (handwritten, 170 stamped), FHL
10. Lydia Lomax will, Guilford Co., NC original wills, NC State Archives,
FHL microfilm 1,571,684.
Recorded copy B:550-551.
11. Estimate from marriage date.
12. Eurie Pearl Wilford Neel, The Wilford-Williford Family Treks Into
America, Part I, (Nashville, TN: Nicholstone Book Bindery, 1959),
13. 1808-1813 Rockingham Minutes:231.
14. Guilford Co., NC deeds 12:110-111, 12:160-161, 13:2-3, FHL microfilm
Moses Short, Thomas Lomax and Lydia, and Jacob Whitworth [and Anna]
sold "one and twentyeth" [1/21] shares of estate of their mother's
unmarried brother, Quinton Nicks. His estate was divided among his
seven siblings. Only siblings and/or LIVING children of siblings could
inherit. That they sold 1/21 (1/3 X 1/7) shows that Sarah (and Samuel)
were deceased by that time.
15. Jo White Linn, Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800,
Annotated Transcripts, (Salisbury, NC: by author, 1995), 33.
Aaron Short taxed in 1759 list.
16. NC Warrants and Surveys, Guilford Co., NC, #146, FHL microfilm 2,024,282.
Survey of Bennet Bradford is next to Sarah Short.
17. Guilford Co., NC deeds B:376, FHL microfilm 0,019,046.
18. Guilford Co., NC deeds B:377, FHL microfilm 0,019,046.
19. William O. Short original will, Rockingham Co., NC. Note: The
transcription into the will book omitted a bequest to his son James
that is in the original.
20. NC Supreme Court, Nov. Term 1819, Robert Thompson and wife, et. al.
v. Thomas Blair et al.
21. Alexander Nelson estate, Guilford Co., NC estate papers, NC State
Archives, FHL microfilm 2,210,712, frame 234.
22. Guilford Co., NC deeds G:536-537, FHL microfilm 0,019,050.
Note: This tract was sold in 1802 by Thomas Green and wife Sarah of Mercer
Co., KY, and Samuel Short and Jonathan Bird Short of Guilford Co., NC and
was part of B:377 (#18 above) granted to Sarah Short, Jonathan Bird
[Short] and Samuel Short in 1782.
23. Genealogical Society of Utah, Rockingham County, North Carolina
Marriage Bonds, (Salt Lake City: by author, 1944).
24. Essex County, Virginia Order Book 3:181, FHL microfilm 1,929,863, item 3.
25. Gale W. Bammon and Debbie W. Spero, Tennessee Divorces 1797-1858
Taken from 750 Legisilative Petitions and Acts, (Nashville, TN:
by author, 1985).
26. Guilford Co., 1781-1788 NC Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Minutes:272,
FHL microfilm 0,501,190. Court 23 May 1787 Samuel Short age 12 years,
11 months, 3 weeks bound. Jonathan Byrd [Short] age 15 years, 2 weeks,
4 days bound.
27. O. Norris and Rebecca H. Smith, Family Burying Grounds and Abandoned
Church Cemeteries in Guilford County, N.C. and Immediate Environs,
(Greensboro, NC: Guilford Co. Gen. Soc., 1994), 23.
28. Inscription read September 1970 by Mrs. Frank X. Muehlbauer and
Mrs. Isabel Stebbins Giulvezan, p. 91 of unknown book.
29. Mercer Co., KY personal property tax lists, FHL microfilm 0,008,156.
30. Hopkins Co., KY deeds 2:242-243, FHL microfilm 0,555,288.
31. Samuel Short estate administration, Franklin Co., MO, 1842, FHL microfilm
2,071,077, frames 87-88, 93-95.
32. Robert Bay estate adminisration, Franklin Co., MO, 1836, FHL microfilm
2,071,076, frames 1576-1578.
Listed as heir under second husband's names as Nancy Prather.
33. Eli Bay estate administration, Franklin Co., MO, 1826, FHL microfilm 2,071,076
frames 1284-1285, 1303-1307.
34. Estimate from parent's marriage date and ages of siblings in census.
35. 1850 Franklin Co., MO census.
Aaron Short household, p. 43.
Thomas Young household, p. 38
Woodson Short household, p. 83.
36. Four Rivers Genealogical Society, Franklin County Probate Index:
Early 1800's-1955, (Washington, MO: by author, no date).
37. Franklin Co., MO marriage records, FHL microfilm 0,940,979.
SHORT, Jesse-LEWIS, Rebecca A:152
SHORT, Squire-LEWIS, Jane B:17-18
FHL microfilm 0,940,980.
Hulsey, John G.-Prather-Hester P. C:27
FHL microfilm 0,940,982
38. Joseph Short household 1850 Collin Co., TX census, p.
39. Bible (published 1859) in possession (1998) Huey Hardman, Anaheim, CA.
Photocopy in my possession.
40. Collin Co., TX tax lists, FHL microfilm 2,282,144.
1852 Joseph Short taxed on horses and cattle.
1853 [His widow] Ireny Short taxed.
41. Thankful Lewis household, 1850 Shannon Co., MO.
42. Thms Yung household, 1860 Franklin Co., MO census, 249. "Paten" age 56.
43. Jesse Short headstone, Old Grounds Cem., Blue Ridge, Collin Co., TX
44. Cheryl Todisman correspondence, 12 Feb. 1981.
45. Thomas Ousley household, 1850 Pike Co., IL census.
46. Joni Fisher correspondence 25 Apr. 2002, descendant of Josesph Staton.
47. Nine months before daughter Delila was born.
48. Franklin Co., MO administration bonds C:244-245, FHL microfilm 0,944,534.
49. Daniel Prather file, Washington Co., MO estate file #838, photocopy
in my possession.
50. Washington Co., MO marriage records.
William Prather-Mary Farrow B:106
James S. Reel-Delilah Short C:260
51. Joseph Prather headstone, New Hope Cem., Washington Co., MO.
52. Joseph Prather household, Joseph Prather household, 1900 Crawford Co., MO census.
53. Crawford Co., MO marriage records, FHL microfilm 0,914,147.
Prator, Joseph-Hulsey, Susan B:148
54. Polly Bay administration, Franklin Co., MO, 1837, FHL microfilm 02,071,076,
frames 1639-1642. Nancy Prather an heir.
55. Jefferson Co., MO marriage records, FHL microfilm 0,966,085.
FHL microfilm 0,966,085.
56. Daniel Prater household, 1850 Washington Co., MO census.
57. Guilford Co., NC 1788-1796 Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Mintues:
69 and 225, FHL microfilm 0,501,190.
58. Nancy Brundrige household, 1900 Jasper Co., MO census. Marion Thurmond listed as widowed.
59. James S. Prather household, 1900 Washington Co., MO census. Married 31 years.
60. Mary E. Taylor headstone, Little Creek Cem., Hartville, Wright Co., MO.
61. Silas Nathaniel Green Herrington, Family record written 29 July 1918 at
the request of Mrs. F. E. Stroud. Original in my possession. If you would
like a scan of this record, e-mail me.
62. 1880 Franklin Co., MO census.
63. St. Clair Co., IL marriages, 1893, license 2289, FHL microfilm 2,169,840,
64. Guilford Co., NC 1779-1795 land entries: 10, #1916, FHL microfilm 0,019,041.
Thadeus Beall on 6 Dec. 1779 entered 400 acres on South Buffalo "including
the Improvement whereon Thomas Green did live
beginning being the place the
Widow Short lived on when she married Thomas Green."
65. Samuel Sallis Will, Essex County, VA Will Book
66. Doug Short correspondence, citing family notes of unknown source.
67. Missouri Death Certificates 1910-1963, Missouri State Archives.
Della Reel, 1914.
Thomas Prather, 1914.
William B. Prather, 1915.
James Madison Prather, 1916.
James Perry Short, 1920.
Laura Prather, 1920.
Amanda Pharis, 1937. Note: Her parents are listed as Anthony WALLS and Levisa.
Anthony WALLS was her step-father, who married Levisa (EMMONS) SHORT after
the death of Squire W. SHORT. Although her birth is given as 1853, it was
more likely 1854 or 1855.
Julius Short, 1947.
68. Doug Short correspondence, transcription of obituary from 28 June 1914
St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
69. Eli Short estate file, Franklin Co., MO estate files, FHL microfilm 2,217,843, item 2,
Frame 606 is a Dr. charge for visits and medicine on 17, 21, and 30 Aug. 1826.
70. Thomas J. Prather headstone, Buffalo Cem., Sullivan, Franklin Co., MO.
71. J. P. Short headstone, Oak Grove Cem., Franklin Co., MO.
72. 1880 Iron Co., MO census.
73. Daniel Prater household, 1870 Washington Co., MO census.
74. Author unknown, Hulsey Family, (publication unknown: date unknown).
75. Ann Wideman Cove Cemetery, 2001.
76. Rebecca Herrington headstone, Union Cem., Houston, Texas Co., MO.
77. Guilford Co., NC 1779-1795 land entries: 54, #2354, FHL microfilm 0,019,041.
William O. Short in 1784 entered land on Big Troublesome (now Rockingham Co.)
that was adjacent to "Widow Short now Sarah Green".
78. Tarrant Co., TX tax lists, FHL microfilm 2,282,430.
Squire Short listed in the 1859 tax list. Not listed in 1860.
79. Lydia Huff household, 1860 Washington Co., MO, p. 455.
80. William B. Prather headstone, Flat River IOOF Cemetery, (St. Francois Co., MO
Gen Web, 2003-2006)
81. Albemarle County, Virginia 1744-1748 Order Book, p. i [Roman Numeral 1],
section at the end book, FHL microfilm 0,030,255.
82. Cumberland County, Virginia Will Book 1:166-167, FHL microfilm 0,030,738.
83. Albemarle County, Virginia Surveyor’s Plat Book 1:29, Library of Virginia
microfilm, Albemarle County Land Records, Reel 114a.
84. Thomas Green will, Mercer Co., KY Wills 3:213-215, FHL microfilm
85. Gilley Stephens (Shelbyville, TN) to Fredric Z. Saunders, letter,
12 Dec. 1984, privately held by Saunders.
"Constant[ine] Short (brother of Joab Short and son of Samuel Short and
grandson of Moses and Margaret Nicks Short) married Jane (Jennie) Busby."
Comment: In the divorce in #25 of Jane from Aaron Short, their marriage date
in 1826 was given, but not her name at marriage. Signers of the petition
of neighbors supporting her divorce place Jane as the Jane Short in 1830
Bedford County, TN. In 1850 she was in found in Coffee County, that area
having been taken from Bedford. Living with her in 1850 was her son Alfred,
age 22. If that age is accurate, Alfred would be a son of Aaron Short,
and not of Constantine Short as listed by tradition. If the age was
incorrect, and he was actually older, he would be a son of Constantine.
Note that Jane stated in her petition that after 3 months of marriage Aaron
left her when she was with child, so she should have had a child born in
86. Ruth & Sam Sparacio, Spotsylvania County, Virginia Deeds 1725-1728,
(McLean, VA: The Antient Press, 2000), pages 55-56 [A:271-273].
Samuel Short, Junr. was of age to witness a deed on 13 Aug. 1727.
87. Virginia Northern Neck Warrants and Surveys, Frederick County, John Lienberger
file, FHL microfilm 2,027,914, frame 488.
88. Peggy Shomo Joyner, Abstracts of Virginia's Northern Neck Warrants &
Surveys Frederick County 1747-1780 Volume II, (Portsmouth, VA: P. S.
Joyner), page 140.
89. Frederick Co., VA Order Book 12:180, FHL microfilm 0,031,421.
90. Ruth & Sam Sparacio, Order Book Abstracts of Essex County, Virginia
1716-1723 (Part II), (McLean, VA: The Antient Press, 1990), page 102.
91. Ruth & Sam Sparacio, Order Book Abstracts of Essex County, Virginia
1723-1725 (Part II), (McLean, VA: The Antient Press, 1989), page 20.
92. Family records of Debby S. Carden, scan of record in possession.
93. Josiah Louis household, 1880 Dent Co., MO census, p. 365B
94. James M. Prather headstone Sullivan IOOF Cem., Franklin Co., MO.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 17 Aug. 2014