(John?) RUSHALL m.
Margery buried 19 Mar. 1602 (1603) Badby, Northamptonshire, England1
The maiden name of Margery is unknown. She is not as claimed by some, the
Mrs. Margery PATCHING, widow of Richard PATCHING of Horsham, Sussex, taking
as a second husband John RUSHALL. Richard PATCHING had children baptized
at Horsham in 1560, 1562, 1563, 1564, and 1569. Richard PATCHING was
buried at Horsham on 29 April 1568. As Margery, widow of John RUSHALL also
had children born in the 1560s, the two Margerys, widow of Richard PATCHING,
and Margery who married John RUSHALL cannot be the same person having
children by different husbands at the same time.
Margery's husband may have been named John. There were two men of this name
living in Badby having children at the same time. Children baptized as
children of a John RUSHALL (wife not named) include1:
Henry bap. 13 Sep. 1561
Dorothie bap 30 Nov. 1561
John bap. 6 Oct. 1566
William bap. 10 June 1569
Dorothie bap. 12 Sep. 1570
One may be the John RUSHALL buried 2 June 1570, and the other the John
buried 4 Aug. 1597 at Badby.
In addition, a John RUSHALL married Ales DAFFE 17 Jan. 1569, and had
several chidren born after this time.
Children of Margery named in her will:
1. John RUSHALL2 b. say 1555;4 m. Margaret GYBBONS 2 Nov. 1577;1
d. between 15 Apr. and 14 Oct. 1630 Newnham, Northamptonshire,
2. Mary RUSHALL2 b. say 1561;4 Badby, Northamptonshire, England; m. Edward
GOODMAN;2 bur. 17 Feb. 1626  Badby1
3. Thomas RUSHALL2 (perhaps the one baptized bap. 12 Jan. 1563 1
Badby, Northamptonshire, England; m. Dorothy LINES 11 May 1594;1
bur. 5 Sep. 1631 Badby1
4. Anna RUSHALL2 b. say 1570;4 Badby, Northamptonshire, England; m. Thomas
SMITH2 13 May 15941
1. Church of England, Parish Church of Badby, FHL microfiche 6,126,623.
2. Margery Rushall will, Archdeaconry Court of Northmapton wills and
administrations, 1st Series, X:62-63, FHL microfilm 0,187,589.
3. John Rushall will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton wills and
administrations, 2nd Series, N:156, FHL microfilm 0,187,608.
4. Estimate from marriage date and/or births of children.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 31 Oct. 2001