Mr. LOVE had children:
1. John5 LOVE d. 9 Mar. 17181 [1718/9]
m.1 Mary 10 Feb. 1704 [1704/5];1
m.2. Anne PRESTON 26 June 1713;1 she d. 29 July 17171
m.3. Rebecca STAPLEFORD 1 Jan. 17181 [1718/9]; she remarried
William PIERCE 8 Aug. 17221
2. William5 LOVE d. 1 June 17201
m. Anne BELL 2 Jan. 17101 [1710/1]; she remarried Thomas ROTHWELL
21 Feb. 17201 [1720/1] and died before 24 Oct. 1727 when Thomas
ROTHWELL m. Jane HARPER1
John LOVE and Anne PRESTON had:
1. John b. 10 Dec. 1716;1 m. Sarah;8 d. 1756 Talbot Co., MD8
William LOVE and Anne BELL had children:
1. William LOVE b. 6 Oct. 17131
2. Thomas LOVE b. 21 Oct. 17181; living 177610
3. third child2
Rebecca LOVE was administratrix for John LOVE, posting her bond of 100 pounds
on 24 March 1718 [1718/9] with Robt. STAPLEFORD and Thomas BARNETT her sureties.13
Approvers to the inventory of John LOVE in 1718  were Joseph HARDEN
and Jonathan TAYLOR.3 Maryland inventories were usually signed by two
next of kin, and two creditors, but under what capacity Joseph HARDEN
signed was not identified. John's widow Rebecca was administratrix of his
estate, and payments included one to Jonathan TAYLOR, for Capt. Robertt
FLETCHER. No payments were made to Joseph HARDEN, and the implication
would be that he may have signed as next of kin, and TAYLOR as a creditor.9
The estate of William LOVE was apparently not settled by his widow Ann's
second husband Thomas RATHELL until until after her death. Signing as next
of kin to the inventory of William LOVE in 1726 were Joseph HARDEN (one
place HARDING) and Sarah (her mark S L [or SC]) LOVE.4
In 1719 William LOVE, brother of John LOVE, deceased, asked for a valuation
of land belonging to John's son John, age 2.5 Another valuation was done
in 1720, and the land was described as part of the tract Hatton,
possessed by John LOVE, deceased.11 John PRESTON in his will written in 1712
had willed to his daughter Anne PRESTON, "all the part of my Land being in
the whole the the one half of the moeity called or known by the name of
Hatton by Estimation three hundred acres."12
In 1724 Joesph HARDING was guardian to John, and another valuation was taken.6
In 1731, George WEST was guardian to John, and another valuation was taken.7
When John [Jr.] died in 1756, Thomas LOVE and George WEST signed his inventory
as next of kin.8
Joseph HARDEN was married to Martha FROMILIER on 7 Aug. 1718.1 The relation
of either he or his wife to the LOVE family is unknown.
Sarah LOVE was married on 14 Feb. 1727/8 to George WEST.1 In that she signed
as next of kin to William's estate, and her husband was guardian for John,
Jr. and later signed John [Jr.'s] inventory as next of kin, Sarah could
be either a child of John Sr. and his first wife Mary, OR an eldest child
of William if she was born in 1712, between the marriage and birth of William, Jr.
1. Lucy H. Harrison, St. Peter's Parish, Talbot County, Maryland Parish
Register 1681-1855, FHL microfilm 0,014,520, item 2.
Note: The transcript by Harrison gave the marriage as George West to Sarah
Lowe. The record of Sarah's husband George West being guardian to
John Love, Jr., and later signing as next of kin John (Jr.'s) inventory
shows it was actually Love, and that she was the Sarah Love who signed
as next of kin to William Love's inventory.
2. William Love account, MD accounts 10:255-256.
The legal representatives were 3 children, who were not named.
3. John Love inventory, MD inventories 3:77-78.
4. William Love inventory, MD inventories 11:811-813.
5. Talbot Co., MD land records 12:372, FHL microfilm 0,014,496.
6. Talbot Co., MD land records 13:147, FHL microfilm 0,014,496.
7. Talbot Co., MD land records 13:655, FHL microfilm 0,014,496.
8. John Love inventory, MD inventories 60:431-433.
9. John Love account, MD accounts 3:120-121.
10. Gauis Marcus Brumbaugh, Maryland Records, Colonial, Revolutionary,
County and Church, (Baltimore: Genelogical Publishing Co., Inc.,
1975), Volume 2, p. 217. 1776 Census Bay Hundred, Talbot County.
11. Talbot Co., MD land records 12:408, FHL microfilm 0,014,496,
12. John Preston will, MD wills 13:665-666 [image 667 of 745].
13. MD Testamentary Proceedings 23:335B.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 5 Mar. 2018