William GARRISON b. between 17751 and 17842 in either NJ,3 NY,4 England,5
or VT;6 d. between 18277 and 1830 Richland Co., OH;8
m. after 22 Aug. 1803,9 but by early 180410
William GARRISON and Anna CARD had children:
1. Card GARRISON12 b. 12 Dec. 180414 Cayuga Co., NY; m. Elizabeth DAVIS
22 Jan. 1829;14 d. 5 June 1894,14 bur. Greenlawn Cem., Plymouth Twp.,
Richland Co., OH13
2. Zachariah S. GARRISON4,12 b. abt. 21 June 180628 Cayuga Co., NY; m.1.
Mary McCREARY15/McREA16 2 Dec. 1830;15 m.2. Anna Lee RUCKMAN 16 Feb. 1836;19
d. 10 June 1883;4,28 bur. Garrison Cem., Whitley Co., IN28
3. William GARRISON b. about 7 Nov. 1812;18 d. 13 Sep. 1823 bur. Trauger Cem.,
Plymouth Twp., Richland Co., OH18,29
4. Catherine GARRISON12 b. 14 June 181221 (1814?)22 Cayuga Co., NY; m. Hosea
TUCKER 16 Nov.21/Dec.15 1830;15 d. 24 Sep. 188721 Whitley Co., IN23 or
Whiteside Co., IL21
5. Vincent GARRISON12 b. 14 May 181520 Cayuga Co., NY; m.1. Nancy Jane CHAPMAN
4 Oct. 1838, m.2. Sarah Jane SEVERS 15 Apr. 1847;27 d. 28 Nov. 1849,
bur. Wesley Chapel Cem., Boon Twp., Warrick Co., IN20
6. Artemas GARRISON12 about 10 Apr. 181717 Cayuga Co., NY; m. Mary;18 d.
25 July 1837 Garrison Cem., Whitley Co., IN17
7. Anna GARRISON12 about b. 15 Sep. 181730 Cayuga Co., NY; m.1. Isaac Davis
14 Feb. 1850;31 m.2. Daniel DREHER 19 July 1866;24 d. 9 May 1896;
bur. Trinity Cem., Steuben Co., IN30
8. Samuel GARRISON12 b. 12 Jan. 182225 Richland Co., OH; m.1. Delilah GRAVES
16 Aug. 1849;26 m.2. Elisabeth C.(KING)26 GRADELESS 4 Dec. 1856;26 d. 20 Nov. 1891,
bur. Mentone Cem., Franklin Twp., Kosciusko Co., IN25
1. 1820 Plymouth Twp., Richland Co., OH, William Garrison household, p. 177A.
2. 1810 Sempronius, Cayuga Co., NY, William Garrison household, p. 1131.
3. 1880 Richland Co., OH, Card Garrison household, p. 166C.
Father listed as born in New Jersey.
4. Zachariah S. Garrison death record, Whitley Co., IN Health Department.
5. 1880 Whitley Co., IN, Zachariah Garrison household, p. 402C.
Father listed as born in England.
6. 1880 Kosciusko Co., IN, Samuel Garrison household, p. 176B
Father listed as born in Vermont.
7. William Garrison land patent, #1438, Richland Co., Ohio, 20 Sep. 1827.
8. 1830 Auburn Twp., Richland Co., OH, Ann Garrison household, p. 88.
9. William Card will, Cayuga Co., NY wills A1:105-108.
Daughter listed as Anna Card.
10. Son Card born in Dec. 1804.
11. Benjamin Card will and estate papers, Cayuga Co., NY wills G:289-293.
Petition on 2 Apr. 1846 stated his sister Ann Garrison lived in Auburn, Richland Co., OH.
12. Mrs. Lloyd Garrison, Ft. Wayne, IN, Garrison Family History
Two page manuscript with statement it was based on a history written in
1934 by Ruckman Garrison (1850-1942), son of Zachariah Garrison.
13. Card Garrison headstone, Green Lawn Cemetery, Plymouth, Richland Co., OH.
d. 5 June 1894 age 89y, 5m, 23d
14. The Richland County-Shelby Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society,
Obituaries D-G, Card Garrison obituary.
15. Richland County Chapter Ohio Genealogical Society, "The Western
Sentinel and Richland County Weekly Advertiser," Pastfinder,
10 (Oct.-Dec. 1991), p. 63.
16. James McRea will, Richand Co., OH wills 1/2:174-175.
17. Genealogy Society of Whitley County, Indiana,
Garrison Cemetery, Smith Twp., Whitley Co, Indiana.
Photo at: Artemas Garrison headstone.
18. Richland County Chapter, Richland County, Ohio Cemeteries.
Abraham Garrison, son of Artemus and Mary.
William Garrison d. age 10y, 10m, 6d.
19. Richland Co., OH marriages 3:88, Zacharia Garrison-Ann Ruckman.
20. Vincon Garrison headstone, Wesley Chapel Cem., Warrick Co., Indiana.
21. Albert Tucker, Union Pension File 377,879, Co. K, 139 Reg., Indiana Vol.,
His file contains a copy of the Family Record of Hosey Tucker, with
a letter from William N. Tucker (File 794,872) that "you made a mistake
by informing the pension department that I had the famley Bible record
thare never was any famley Bible record kept of our famley the old famley
Bible had no Blank pages for keeping any on. the famley record was kept
on a common sheet of writing paper and was laid loos in the Bible for
safe keeping until I and our mothe[r] took it out of the Bible and
brought it to Illinois with us about the year 1874 and when I applid
for my age pension the department wanted me to sind in the famley record
which I did and it is on file now in the pension department with my
other papers and record of William N. Tucker, Co. B 74 Ind. Inf. I did
not get an Affidvet mad[e] out as we did not have any pension blanks,
I will send you a coppy of our famley record. I kept a coppy when I
sent the original famley record to Washington."
[The original is not now found in William's file.]
22. As both the birth of Catherine and William are given as 5 months apart,
Catherine's age of 35 in 1850 and 55 in 1870 Whitley Co., IN suggests
a possible 1814 birth.
23. While #21 suggest Catherine moved to Whiteside Co., IL about 1874, she
was found in the 1880 Whitley Co., IN census.
24. Steuben Co., IN Marriage Record 2:543
Daniel Dreher to Anna Davis
25. Samuel Garrison headstone, Mentone Cem., Kosciusko Co., Indiana.
26. Whitley Co., IN marriage records.
Samuel Garrison-Delilah Graves 1:39.
Samuel Garrison-Elisabeth C. Gradeless 1:285.
Joseph Gradeless-Elisabeth C. King 1:207.
27. Warrick Co., IN 1819-1847 marriage record, FHL microfilm 0,549,452.
28. Zachariah Garrison headstone, Garrison Cemetery, Smith Twp., Whitley Co, Indiana.
29. William Garrison headstone, Trauger Cemetery, Richland Co., OH.
30. Anna Dreher headstone, Trinity Cemetery, Steuben Co., IN.
31. Richland Co., Ohio Marriage Records Volume 5:197.
Isaac Davis-Anna Garrison
This page accessed times.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 12 August 2017