Nicholas CLEVELY was born say 1515 and died in 1550 at Deerhurst, Gloucestershire, England.1
His wife was living when he died, but she was not mentioned by name. She is believed to
be a daughter of Catherine (-?-) SMITH.3
Nicholas CLEVELY had children:
1. Elizabeth CLEVELY1,2,3 b. say 1539;5 m. John ROBERTS;2 living 15804
2. Joan CLEVELY1,2,3 b. say 1542; living 1580;4
3. William CLEVELY2,3 b. say 1544; died 1572 Sandhurst, Gloucestershire2
4. Roger CLEVELY3 b. say 1546
5. Margaret2 "Margery"1,3 CLEVELY b. say 1548
6. Katherin CLEVELY2,3 b. say 1550
1. Nicholas Clevely will, Church of England, Diocese of Gloucester, Consistory
Court original wills, 1550: 45, FHL microfilm 0,091,372.
Note: His will did not name his sons, but see the will of Catherine Smythe (#3) and of his
son William (#2) naming his sisters. As Nicholas' daughter Katherin was not named in his will,
while the other daughters were, she may have been born posthumously. If the children were
named in birth order in Catherine Smythe's will, Katherin was the youngest.
2. William Clevely will, Church of England, Diocese of Gloucester, Consistory
Court original wills, 1572: 219, FHL microfilm 0,091,379.
3. Catherine Smythe will, Church of England, Diocese of Gloucester, Consistory
Court original wills, 1554: 11, FHL microfilm 0,091,373.
The will of Catherine Smythe included bequests to the children of Nycollys Cleveley, they
being Elsebethe Cleveley, Jonne Cleveley, Wyllym Cleveley, Roger Cleveley, Margery Cleveley
and Cateryne Clevely.
4. John Roberts will, Church of England, Diocese of Gloucester, Consistory
Court original wills, 1581: 56, FHL microfilm 0,091,381.
See list of debts where John Roberts owed money to Joan Clevely.
5. Estimate from having two sons age 21 or over when her husband's will (#4) was written in 1580.
This page accessed times.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 15 Mar. 2012